Tuesday 21 July 2015

My Own Attempt at Verbatim

I notice little things about Claire's speech patterns each time I listen to or read parts of her interview, which I found really interesting. I started picking up on the way she talks; the rhythm of what was spoken; her accent; the verbal ticks she uses, so much so, that each time I re-listened to a certain sentence, I found that I was becoming more and more familiar with it and was almost able to join in, copying what she was saying and how she was saying it. This got me thinking, that maybe it wasn't as difficult as i'd imagined, I wanted to give it a go myself. So I picked out a few memorable lines from the interview and began repeating it a few seconds after the recording of her speaking. I continued to do this until I found I was able to say it at the same time. It took a considerable amount of practice to get it right but it wasn't as difficult as I first thought it would be. However, I cannot imagine being able to learn 2 hours and 10 minutes worth of speech with that much precision, some of which is set to music, AND have the pressure of performing in front of an audience. I really admire the cast for being able to retain that level of performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment